Now the cold air is here, it is good to go over some cold weather tips and preventions.
- Cover outdoor faucets
- Clean out fireplaces
- Protect tender plants, cover up or bring them indoors
- Make sure outdoor pets have ways of staying warm, extra blankets and shelter
- Use caution with space heaters, keep in open areas
- Dress warm and in layers
- Have a supply kit with first aid, batteries, flashlights, food, and water
- Winterize cars and trucks
I know a lot of this is common sense but it’s a good reminder. Cold temperatures can be dangerous so be careful. This is just the beginning of what could be a pretty cold winter!